Friday, July 5, 2013

The New Family Portrait

I love this new movement!  Remember when the family portrait was an awkward photo at Sears Portrait studio?  Your mom would pick out your clothes and style your hair in a way you never wore it except for family pictures?  Those days are a thing of the past!
 
Here are some examples of family portraits I have been asked to paint.  The above piece is placed in Homer.  A four person bike? Not a problem in the world of Gina Art.  I can include the kids favorite outfit and of course, the furry family members.  I really enjoyed figuring out the bike on this piece.  Would you believe there are four person bikes on Google?  I never tire of painting Alaska.
This client wanted to always remember the beauty of the Chugach.  She has since moved out of state and sadly one of her 'family' members has died. But she will always have this piece of art to remind her of fun summer days with her four legged companions playing in the mountains.  I grew up with a Harlequin Great Dane and I love these big dogs.  I was thrilled to paint them.
 .
Amsterdam was the location of this portrait.  After an awesome trip to Europe the husband decided to create a gift portrait for his wife to always remember the great time they had.  The nice thing about my portraits is animals can be transported without boarding a plane! I really enjoy painting buildings.  Have just visited Amsterdam last fall it was nice to reminisce while I worked.

Life is fun.  What's better than capturing your moment of bliss in a family portrait.  Sure the chin resting on the fist is a classic pose.  The gel slicked hair had it's moment. But this is 2013!  Make sure your next family portrait makes you smile every time you see it.  Even 10 years from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment