Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Simple Things

 
 
Everyone should have a dog.  Well, okay not everyone. I have a few friends who, in MY opinion, neglect their four legged companions.  Neglect in the sense that they don't walk, run and play them regularly.  But if you want to lose weight, get a dog.  Suffer from SAD, a dog will cure you.  Feel you don't live in the moment, let a dog show you the way.

I have a Treeing Walker Coonhound. She's from the blood hound family and they are VERY athletic and energetic dogs.  I will again emphasize the VERY. Pouring rain? Onto my bike I hop for a 5 miles loop.   -20 degrees?  We go for a ski.   Oh yes, there is grumbling from me but I picked this breed for this exact reason.  Everyday I will take time out, no matter how full the schedule to exercise my dog and myself.

We all know our lives are too manic.  Too much electronic media and distractions.  We all love it and hate it.  And even though I am not any where near 'addicted' my 'puppy time' lets me unplug and do some mental house cleaning.  Often inspiration hits!

Today is a full day and so the dog gets only a neighborhood walk.  Along the way I saw this twig laying on the ground.  It looked like a mini tree.  It needs a swing.  With a little girl.

I won't pay any bills with this little watercolor but I thoroughly enjoyed creating it.  It made me wonder what other natural things I could incorporate into art.  It was a short walk by our normal standards but yet I still found a little inspiration.  Take a walk, you never know what's waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment